Thanks to everyone who brought delicious cookies!
|Cookies by insane genius Emily Schildhouse|
Third Thursday Sewing Night: Pink Castle Fabrics on January 15 at 5pm. Space for 10, register at Pink Castle.
- Winter Retreat: The next A2MQG retreat is scheduled for Thursday, January 29 thru Sunday, February 1 at Grindley Lodge at the Howell Nature Center in Howell, MI. (http://howellnaturecenter.
- Please contact Ginia if you would like to attend ASAP. We need a final headcount before the new year.
- Please let Ginia know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Elections: We will be voting on our board members at the January Annual Meeting. If you are interested in running for a position, please make sure you tell Brenda.
- We will address Committee Chair positions at the February Meeting.
- Quilt Con: If you are attending and have not been receiving the emails from Jenna, please let her know. We are all sharing our hotel and flight information so we can keep tabs on each other.
- Future Meeting Locations: Emily asked her church (Calvary United Methodist) if we could meet in their basement. They said we could on all our usual days for $50 a meeting. This seems to be a good option and Brenda will do a site-visit soon.
- Crayon Challenge: Jenna will be sending an email from Survey Monkey shortly. The winner will be announced at the January Meeting.
- New Challenge: The group voted and approved a new challenge! All of the details have been emailed to our guild members.
- Quilts Inc. Show:
The International Quilt Festival /Chicago plans to showcase Modern Quilt group works from the midwest area. Quilters must be from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The exhibit will be one of the highlights at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago in March 26 – 28, 2015.
- AQS Grand Rapids Show: The deadline for entries is March 27, 2015. More information can be found HERE and HERE.
- We should take a Party Bus to this show.
Skill School: Vikki showed us an AMAZING demonstration of how her embroidery machine can make a pouch all in the hoop! It was really cool.
Round Robin and Show and Share were excellent as always.