Don't miss the One Day Retreat, April 27, 2014, 9am to 9pm at Pink Castle Fabrics, breakfast and lunch included. $20. Sign up here!
Next month's swap is pincushions! Bring your wrapped pincushion for our usual Yankee swap.
- Dues are past due. People who have not paid will be removed from our email list soon.
- Modern Quilt special exhibit with GAAQG - deadline for entry is May 1. Forms were sent out by email. Submit your quilt now!
- The summer retreat will be June 26-29. Submit your $50 deposit to Jen now.
- Sarah Fielke is coming May 12 and 13. Her class on the 13th is full, but you can sign up for her trunk show on Monday, May 12 at 7pm here. There will be a book signing open to all prior to the trunk show. Brenda has all her books in stock.
- Rossie distributed our new membership cards and MQG pins.
- Jackie is the winner of the Riley Blake Challenge! Congratulations, Jackie!
- The fabric for the Michael Miller contest should be here for the next meeting.
|Jackie and her quilt|
- Brenda is offering AAMQG members a $50 discount on the September and November Camp Stitchalots. The September camp features Bari J and Vanessa Christensen and focuses on embellishment. Dates are Sept 19-21. The November camp teachers are Carolyn Friedlander and Sherri Lynn Wood. Foundation piecing, applique and curved piecing will be the main topics. Camp is Nov 14-16.
The fun part!
- The member spotlight this month featured Courtney Meszaros and her wonderful quilts. Courtney will interview Debbie V for next month.
- Skill School - Debbie G showed how to make a hanging sleeve for your quilt. Her tutorial is here.
- Eight people brought blocks for the Disappearing Nine-Patch block lottery - the winner was Jackie!
- We had fun seeing all the progress on the Round Robin quilts
- Show and Share was inspirational as always!
See you on April 30!