- Next Sew-In: Sunday, Nov 13th - 12pm - 4pm at Maker Works
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, Nov 30 - 6:30pm Meeting
What to bring for the next meeting: If you want to participate in another "Yankee Swap," bring a non-denominational hanging bauble (i.e. "ornament") to the next meeting. Think around 3 x 3 inches. There are no real size constraints - just don't be weird! ; )
- Still planning on a January retreat to the Hankerd Inn. Have to research available dates. This is somethinig that should be investigated ASAP. Brenda said she would contact.
- Business cards will hopefully be done by the next meeting.
- Natalie told us about her experience at the Sewing Summit and suggested that we do a swap with the Idaho Modern Quilter's Guild. Natalie said she'd contact them.
- We have a new member! Welcome Jen! Jen moved here from Austin to work as an attorney with the University of Michigan. She blogs HERE and flickrs HERE.
For the Habitat quilt, Ashley took home one block to embroider "Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild 2011" that we will put on the back of the larger quilt. Ginia took the small quilt and Anna took the large quilt.
We decided to do another swap the next meeting with ornaments, to be hung on Christmas trees or as generic home decor.
Anna took pictures, and we will share those soon!
Till next time!